The Silver Lake Community Association will be holding its Annual Meeting on Saturday, June 2 at 10am. We will hold the meeting again at the pavilion at Lewisberry Borough Park. Mark your calendars. Please remember that only members in good standing – meaning maintenance fees up to date through 3/31/2018 – are eligible to vote on any matters before the Association.
We will be discussing:
- The status of DEP’s response to our annual inspection report. DEP is pressing for a permanent earthen dam rehabilitation plan and timeline, and important decisions need to be made.
- The status of SLCA’s search for a new engineering firm, replacing our prior relationship due to the sudden death of our lead engineer.
- Our financial status, including the results of collections activities.
- Outreach efforts for support from our elected officials.
- Near and longer term plans for the rehabilitation of both our Earthen Dam and the Bennetts Run diversion dam.
The 2018 SLCA Annual Meeting is your opportunity to hear directly for your board, and to help us all be part of the solution to saving beautiful Silver Lake for future generation.
Stay tuned, we will be scheduling a work party in the near future to keep up with vegetation control and animal burrows in our earthen dam, and other maintenance work. Last year we were delighted to see some new participants, and hope to see more in 2018.